18 January 2010

In Which The Author Rants In Vain


Note to UPS.


Did you NOT see the big red and white sticker on the side of the package?

-------> F-R-A-G-I-L-E <-------
Wikipedia:
Fragile, something of a delicate nature and/or easily broken,damaged. Vulnerable.

This does not mean you get to play sorting room soccer or loading dock rugby with said item. Likewise using the box to prop up your feet, heavier packages, or the rear axle of your Buster Brown truck.

Luckily, the neon pink Styrofoam packing peanuts seem to have protected the contents. Also, lucky, the contents did not, in fact, succumb to fragility. Otherwise you would have had great gobs of multicolored relief and etching ink squashed all over the guts of your nice, clean vehicle.

Secondary rant: I am seriously reconsidering ordering anything from places that use static electricity charged Styrofoam packing peanuts. I put my hand in the box to dig for my order, and my arm emerged coated in pink peanuts. I'm still picking pink foam fragments off my clothes 6 hours later. Not to mention I had to pull them out by the handful because the small items I ordered were floating free in the box full of static electricity. In Wyoming. In the dry winter. Go ahead, try and find an unsecured etching needle in a foam peanut haystack without excessive use of several four letter words. I dare you.

To make matters worse I came back after securing my inks and new brayer to find Anubis inside the box. Which was still half full of the evil packing material. Black cat, pink peanuts, full static charge. He didn't bolt until he saw me coming with the camera. Sorry, my digital is not quick enough to capture the ensuing chaos.

All I have to say is, this better be some darn good ink.

8 comments:

Carla said...

Oh dear. No wonder Anubis fled if he was covered in statically-attached pink Stytofoam peanuts. His image of superior disdain would never be the same again if you'd got a picture of him and posted it :-)

Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, never leave an open box and a cat in the same room. :)

Are you still finding pink styrofoam peanuts under the cushions and other hiding places?

Constance Brewer said...

Carla - That was why I wanted a picture. But alas, Anubis proved cat superiority once again. :)

Constance Brewer said...

Gabriele - How come cats don't come with owner's manuals? Yeesh. And I'm still finding peanut foam parts in the weirdest places . . .

Anonymous said...

Anubis in pink styro?

Anubis is a cross-dresser with a secret collection of Andy Warhol posters.

Anubis wears Prada.

Constance Brewer said...

Hey! Don't give away all Anubis' secrets! Especially not about the Warhol.

STAG said...

Thanks. Now I have coffee snorted all over my keyboard!

Okay, I lol'd but didn't rofl...But what did you expect from a cat? A box. A strange box. A cat-astrophe was bound to result.....

Constance Brewer said...

Stag - my little walking Cat-astrophe normally acts so dog like, I forget he's a cat. Until I'm reminded in spades. :)