02 November 2010

November 2010 Poem A Day Challenge - Day 2

Here's Day 2, Two for Tuesday, and the prompts from Poetic Asides:

1. Write a "ready to start" poem. Yesterday's poem closed the door or turned the page on the past events. Time to start looking forward.


2. Write a "not ready" poem, or even "never ready" poem. Sometimes, we're just not ready for the things that come our way.

For some reason my mind flipped to an interesting direction with this prompt. Since it is easier for me to write a 'not ready' or 'never ready' poem, I concentrated on writing a 'ready' poem. What was I ready for? Preparations, planning, all I could think about was some sort of pre-flight checklist like you run through before you fly.

So that is how my poem came out, it ended up being a 40 line poem about aeronautical preflight inspections – on one level.On another level it's about the preparations we go through before a new relationship can get off the ground.

Towards the end it could be construed as a 'not ready poem' – depends on how you interpret it. I also managed several tanka and a haiku that have a passing acquaintance with the prompt. 

11/02 TALLY
Poems - 1
Haiku - 1
Tanka - 3 

To Date Total
Poems - 2
Haiku - 2
Tanka - 7


.

No comments: