07 November 2010

November 2010 Poem A Day Challenge - Day 7

And here is today's Poetic Asides:
For today's prompt, write a Pro-something poem. Your poem could be pro-candy, pro-writing, pro-peace, love and happiness, or whatever else it is that you support.
This was a harder prompt than I thought, I ran through every 'pro-this and pro-that' I could think of, and nothing struck my fancy. So of course I had to go digging about in definitions to get some ideas.
pro    n. pl. pros
1. An argument or consideration in favor of something: weighing the pros and cons.
2. One who supports a proposal or takes the affirmative side in a debate.
adv.  In favor; affirmatively: arguing pro and con.
adj.   Affirmative; supporting: a pro vote.
pro  Informal  n. pl. pros
1. A professional, especially in sports.
2. An expert in a field of endeavor.
adj.  Professional:
What I came up with was a mixed poem about the desire to be a pro at everything, and the internal chaos it causes. It's funny, not matter how much one part of my mind wants to be 'professional' at everything, the rational part of my mind knows it isn't possible and calmly informs the over excited neurons to chill. Mostly, rational wins, but some days . . .

No second poem out of this prompt today. Just one poem, one haiku unrelated to the prompt, and a handful of tanka, also unrelated to the prompt.

11/07 TALLY
Poems - 1
Haiku - 1
Tanka - 3

To Date Total
Poems - 11
Haiku - 6
Tanka - 25


.

No comments: