The road goes ever on and on...
...down from the door where it began,
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.*
- Still round the corner there may wait
- A new road or a secret gate,
- And though I oft have passed them by,
- A day will come at last when I
- Shall take the hidden paths that run
- West of the Moon, East of the Sun.**
- * & ** From The Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.