29 April 2011

Fragmented Friday

If you get a chance, hop on over to my friend Kathleen’s blog, One Minnesota Writer. Lots of thoughtful musings on poetry and the universe in general.
Kathleen has a neat new feature  - first morning fragments. Since she asked so nicely at the end of her post for other people’s fragments, and since I am not a crack of dawn writer, I’ll give you five mid-morning/afternoon fragments instead.  
1)      It’s almost May, we shouldn’t have this much snow on the ground. Who the heck wanted to live out here in this godforsaken land* anyway?     Oh, yeah…

2)      Dog barking at 5:00 a.m. this morning. Not cool. MY dog barking at 5:00a.m. Not cool, annoying, and embarrassing. BOTH dogs barking at 5:05a.m.? It better be the zombie apocalypse out there.

3)       I really like baseball. 

4)      If I grow 5 inches, my work desk will finally be ergonomically correct. 

5)      I can survive any meeting as long as I have a pad of paper and pen to draw with.


*Brownie points if you can name that song from the two word miniscule fragment.

.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fragments are fabulous, eh? How many more people can we convince to set free their fragmented figments of imagination?

Unknown said...

Oops, forgot to say thanks for the mention!

Constance Brewer said...

Fragments were a blast. Thanks for nudging me into them. :)