06 October 2012

Fragment Friday

1. I'm not a big fan of flying, but coming through Washington's Dulles airport was interesting, like being plunged into a maelstrom of swirling languages. On the other hand, I'll try to forget the death march from one concourse to another.

2. Visiting my brother, Anonymous. He has been an awesome host and kept us well supplied with funny stories and microbrew beer, as well as being tour guide and hike/mushroom-hunting director.

3.  Found a cache of my high school artwork. I was much braver back then when it came to printmaking - or as Anonymous said, I had more time.

4. It's a shock how green and rainy it is in NY after the drought ridden west. Tramping through the woods looking for mushrooms and the damp/rainy day made it a magical atmosphere. Pictures in a future blog post.

5. Delighted to be eating good food again. Greek salads, gyros, holubki, pirohi, halushka, Spiedies on the grill and best of all, a cornucopia of pizza. Thin crust, paper thin crust, NY style - all delicious. Makes chain pizzas just look sad.
Greek Salad

Pizza remnants

Pirohi

Gyro  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh, those food photos!! Yum. What are Spiedies?
The "death march" cracked me up.
#3 - so, what are you going to do to reclaim your bravery?

Constance Brewer said...

Spiedies are marinated chunks of meat (pork, chicken, lamb) cooked on a grill and then put on a slice of Italian bread for eating. Good stuff.

# 3- I think I need to plan a multi color block print and let chips fall where they may, so to speak. :)

Lisa Goyne said...

Mmmm, enjoy that NY pizza! Nothing like it anywhere else in the world.

Constance Brewer said...

Split Pea Traveler - we managed to eat our fair share of NY pizza. Now I've got to suffer until our next visit back East.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is glad you had a good time and will now get back to his regular eating and drinking regimen.

Constance Brewer said...

I'm jealous the regular eating and drinking regimen includes good pizza...
But no more empty boxes!

kc heath said...

Ooo, food!
you still there?
or here now?

Constance Brewer said...

Nope, home now, missing all the good food.