|Blossoms all around.|
1. Finally got the garden in. Cheated and bought some plants, also. Tomatoes and some herbs. And some marigolds to make it pretty. Now the interminable wait to see if the seeds sprout. A garden definitely is not instant gratification.
2. Trying to think how to better organize my digital pictures. Right now they're in broad categories like WY Views, Dogs, Nature Hikes, Yarn, etc. I can mostly find what I need. Mostly. My new photo editing program came with a tagging feature. Has anyone done this? Does it work? I'd have to remember what I tagged things then though...
3. I've been watching a rather heated debate on the Internet about rhyming poems vs. free verse poems. Not understanding why it has to be an either/or proposition. Both styles have their places, and one is not better than the other. Believe me, there is drivel written on both sides of the house. So which do you prefer, rhymed or free verse poetry, and why?
4. I've been doing a lot of writing in my head of late. It'll make it on paper eventually, but I'm rehearsing scenes and playing "What would my character do" if such and such happened. I'm also fine tuning my magic system. It has to have internal logic for me, or it throws up blocks when I go to write. Not everything can be cured by adding dragons. Darn.
5. I opened a new toy for my loom last week, a variable dent reed. It comes with different size dents you mix and match to be able to use different yarn weights on your loom. Only I had 9 of one size and only 5 of another. It was supposed to have 8 of each size. I contacted The Woolery where I bought the reed, explained the problem, they contacted Schacht who manufactured the loom and reeds, and within a week I had my missing dents. I love good customer service. Kudos to both places.