|It's still nice enough in November to play bouncyball outside - at least a few times before dark settles in.|
1. It feels like we're running full tilt at December. Christmas crap was out before Halloween, and the days flick past like pages in a flip book. I'm still eating Tootsie Roll pops from the candy trick or treaters never came and collected.
2. 'Tis the season of soups and stews. And homemade breads. The most recent was French Onion soup made in the slow cooker, and sourdough bread. Have you got any favorite soup or bread recipes for the slow slide into winter?
3. I've been trying to feel my way back into making art, and part of that has been drawing in a sketchbook with marker or gel pen. I like that I can't get too anal about images, that a failed line can add character, and most of all the graphic quality to the artwork. A good warmup for more printmaking, and a far cry from overly detailed pencil drawings.
4. Debating a change in house flooring from carpet to laminate. Allergy doctor says this will be a Good Thing. I guess the copious Corgi hair gets balled up in the corners, then?
Anyone have any experience with laminate floors? Anything I need to know?
5. The poetry muse has been working overtime at my house, shooting ideas with a water gun. Sometimes I get plastered against the wall, sometimes I catch it in the face. At least, with laminate flooring, I won't end up dripping wet on the living room rug...