|Thanksgiving Day Duck, it was what was for dinner on the Periphery. Seven pounds of ducky goodness. The Corgis approved!|
1. Hoping everyone survived Thanksgiving with wits and digestion intact. The Periphery feasted on Honey Curried Duck, duck fat fried potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, homemade rolls, green beans, caramelized onions, assorted wines, and two offerings of pie - traditional Pumpkin and crowd favorite Caramel Whiskey Apple Pie. We also had half of a metal band over to dine with us. It may start a new tradition - Feed a starving band. How was YOUR Thanksgiving?
2. I opted out of any Black Thursday or Friday craziness. There's nothing I need that bad. I enjoyed my day far more just sitting around, drinking wine, petting the Corgis and slipping them scraps of duck. My theory is the Internet will provide. If it can't be bought online from the comfort of my living room, I don't want it.
3. I'm happy with my decision to avoid NaNoWriMo and Poem A Day this November. I've accomplished a lot of writing on my own, and if I need a few days to contemplate a turn of phrase, I don't feel like a clock is ticking ominously over my shoulder. I do not subscribe to the Must Write Every Day theory of writing. Those writers can have the moral high ground, I don't need it.
4. While filling the bird feeders for Thanksgiving, I found a little chickadee hanging upside down off a tree branch two feet from my face. He chirped and bounced and carried on the whole time. He wanted me to hurry and get the feeders and suet filled, so he could pig out. I love that chickadees have no fear, and cheer and brighten your day. Half an ounce of pure happiness.
5. Buying Christmas presents for the grandkids is a lot of fun. Where else do you get a chance to make someone's dreams come true? And they are such minor dreams - but still important. Don't forget in your holiday rush to perform a Random Act of Kindness. Wave someone ahead of you on the road, keep other people's children entertained while waiting in line, let someone's boss know they did an excellent job. You have the ability to make another person's day - so why not?
|Dessert - a Caramel Whiskey Apple Pie. Two piece limit if you were driving...|