|It's winter and dreary out. Have a flower.|
1. Gyroscope Review is still taking submissions for the Spring 2015 issue although slots are starting to fill up. Submit through Submittable, it's easy on everybody. Hoping to see your work in the slush pile.
2. Nice to have had the sun all week although I feel for the people back east who got dumped on by snow. Been there, shoveled that. How's the weather in your part of the world?
3. Finally put a new CD in the car player for my morning and evening commutes. Funny how the unknown music makes the drive go quicker. Note to self: when you can anticipate the guitar chords to the next song, time to change albums. What I'm listening to - Linkin Park's The Hunting Party
4. Who's going to win the Super Bowl? I don't have a dog in this fight, so... New England? I don't have particular feelings for either team, so the least objectionable gets my vote. Not exactly scientific, I know....
5. I can tell when I'm gearing up to do artwork, I start acquiring new sketchbooks and paints. Same with writing - new poetry and how to books, same with knitting and weaving - new yarn although I've got enough stockpiled to last through the zombie apocalypse. What do you stockpile in anticipation?