|Corgi Mind Tricks - "Throw the ball!"|
1. The Corgis went to the vet and had their teeth cleaned. Boy, are they shiny white! Now to keep them that way. The joy of after dental surgery care is having to stuff antibiotic pills down them twice a day. I've found a method - liver treat in one hand, pill in the other, pry open mouth, stuff pill to back of tongue, let them swallow and immediately give them the dried liver treat. Working great so far. They don't even give me the dirty looks I got when I tried hiding the pills in food.
2. How come appliances and cars know when you have extra money and schedule their breakdown to occur right at that moment? Is it a master plot by sentient robots to overthrow their fleshy oppressors?
3. Granddaughter Two turned five the other day. Now she gets to venture out into the big scary world that is elementary school. Do you remember your first days at school and things like alphabetical order and having to raise your hand and announce to strangers you had to go to the bathroom? I'm not missing those days...
4. All the rain has brought out a bumper crop of mosquitoes and flies this year. I understand the mosquitoes, but why the flies? I don't like either under the best of circumstances.
"God in his wisdom made the fly
And then forgot to tell us why."
5. Anything interesting you're grilling? Our favorites so far have been onions and mixed veggies. I heard eggplant was good grilled, truth or no? I'm ready to experiment with different kinds of flatbreads on the grill. Slab o' meat, veggies, and bread. What more could you ask for. Oh yeah, beer.