09 November 2010

November 2010 Poem A Day Challenge - Day 9

Hey, it’s Two for Tuesday. Here are the prompts from Poetic Asides:
For today's prompts, write one of the following poems (or both--if you're feeling ambitious):
1.    Write a slow down poem. Could be about reducing actual traveling speed or speed of living or some other interpretation.
2.    Write a never slow down poem. Some people love living in the fast lane and believe it's better to burn out than fade away. If you're one of these people or want to write about one of these people, then this is the prompt for you.
I like how the prompts are fairly broad and open to interpretation. My mind ping-ponged around the idea of slow down, relating it to vehicles and other forms of transportation, old age, brainpower, and rebellion as it relates to an overly fast world.

For my first poem I wrote about the disconnect between what the brain wants to do, and the reality of an older body. So it’s a slow down poem, with never slow down undertones.

The second poem started off rather strangely, even for me, and turned into a rant against the personification of Time. I recount pieces of my (fictitious) life and demand Time account for every nasty trick he ever played on me. 300 words later, I stopped—or slowed down and my rant against Time was over.

Only one haiku today, and no tanka. Must be the snow killing my productivity. Can't find any tanka to write about slush and sleet, at least not today.  

11/09 TALLY
Poems - 2
Haiku - 1
Tanka - 0

To Date Total
Poems - 15
Haiku - 11
Tanka - 27


.

No comments: