20 January 2012

Fragment Friday

1.       I either need to become a sanctuary or find a way to write off bird seed on my income tax return. Who knew sparrows could eat so much?

2.       It’s so cold out it takes half the drive to work to get any heat in the car. Every time I buy a car I swear quick heat will be a priority. Then I go and buy the car in the middle of summer and forget…

3.       My poinsettia plant is finally blooming. It apparently failed to get the memo it is supposed to be a Christmas plant.

4.       I wish I could knit faster. I’d have more socks to wear, but somehow playing on my Kindle wins out over slogging through knitting the foot portion of a sock.

5.       It’s nice that it’s not pitch dark outside when I get off work. Not long until I can play after-work-Fetch with the Corgis again.


.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sparrows are like the dachshunds of the bird world the way they vacuum up food! Your list cracked me up today, which is part of what keeps me coming back, my witty friend.

Constance Brewer said...

Kathleen - Thanks!
The bad part is if I don't feed the sparrows I get chirpped at. In a TONE. Then they gaggle in the trees and eyeball my nice, clean car...

Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, the poinsettia are not supposed to bloom; they're bred for their red leaves.

Blackbirds aren't any better, btw. :)

Constance Brewer said...

My poinsettia has a white bloom or two. No red leaves here. I have a mutant. :)
I stop feeding the birds when blackbirds show up because they are such pigs. And sloppy too.

Gabriele Campbell said...

The blackbirds are the first to find the feeder in this garden. ;)

Constance Brewer said...

No blackbirds yet - just sparrows, woodpeckers and chickadees.