06 January 2012

Fragment Friday

Merlin at Christmas (taken with my new camera)





1.       My Corgis are brothers, but it’s amazing how different in temperament they are – just like human brothers.

2.       It’s interesting to watch the remnants of Christmas fade away, week by week. Pretty soon they will be gone, except for the neighbor who leaves his lights up and blinking until April.

3.       My new year started off by ordering a book of poems by one of my favorite poets, Carl Dennis. Who are your favorite writers to jump start the year?

4.       Knitting another pair of socks for myself. I should be knitting a hat for the change in weather I know will come. Or more mittens, you can’t have too many pairs of mittens.

5.       I feed the local birds every morning. Considering how much they eat, they shouldn’t even be able to lift themselves off the ground…


.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merlin looks like he's watching a killer episode of "The Twilight Zone"

Constance Brewer said...

Actually, he's using Corgi Mind Tricks to try and get me to give him a treat!

Unknown said...

Merlin is adorable - perfect subject for a new camera even if he is using mind tricks on you.

I kicked off the year reading "This is Not the Story You Think It Is" by Laura Munson and am finishing "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. I am not sure I could pick an absolute favorite writer with whom I would jump start the year, but I am revisiting Julia Cameron's stuff, so maybe she could be in the mix.

Constance Brewer said...

Kathleen, Merlin milks his adorability. :)

How about poets? Who are you reading of late? I haven't read Julia Cameron in a while. Have you read Art and Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland?

Unknown said...

Ah, poets......I'm so hit and miss there. You'd think I'd have favorites on the tip of my tongue, but no. Anyway, I haven't read Art and Fear (yet). I did pick up a copy of Whorled by Ed Bok Lee (who lives in the Twin Cities) and the very first poem in it blew my mind: "Heaven". Here's a link: http://www.edboklee.com/about.html