1. I don’t make New Year’s ‘resolutions’ but I do think about things I’d like to accomplish during the upcoming year. How about you? Resolutions or wing it?
2. I would like to get more proactive with my poetry and submit more. Of course submitting is a whole ‘nother job and set of skills. How do you track your poetry? I’ve been using a program called Sonar that is nifty. I am toying with creating an Excel spreadsheet, but frankly, I can do almost everything in Sonar that needs to be done.
3. Do you set writing goals for the year? Mine are very loose, as in ‘create a new story, poem, work on the novel every month. Of course in April and November I do the poem a day thing. Trying to figure out how to expand the concept to writing a poem every day. I did do a haiku a day for a month, which was difficult. Maybe pick a theme for a month and write to that theme?
4. I happened to open a paper copy of a thesaurus the other day, and was reminded again how much fun serendipitous word finds are . . . .
5. I think it’s time I upgraded my Word program to its latest version. I’m still running on 2003. I tried Open Office but wasn’t really happy with it and the space it took up.