1. I have numerous Christmas carol earworms that even heavy metal has failed to eradicate. Trying to hold out until Dec 26 when all such insidious noise miraculously ceases. I hope.
2. I actually finished my Christmas shopping well before Christmas this year. Amazing how that reduces anxiety and keeps me from banging my head on the kitchen table.
3. If it wasn’t for the Internet, I wouldn’t have accomplished Number 2 above. All hail the mighty power of mouse clicking and credit cards.
4. It’s really hard to edit poetry with Christmas carol earworms. The temptation is to make everything rhyme in archaic words. I didn’t realize I knew so many antiquated terms until I tried to substitute terms.
5. Why wasn’t I smart enough to order everything pre-gift wrapped? Because I like the challenge of rolls of paper, sticky tape and unevenly cut lines? In other words, it’s not truly Christmas without some wrapping paper punishment? And yes, gift bags are the easy way out…