23 December 2011

Fragment Friday – Pre-Christmas Edition

1.       I have numerous Christmas carol earworms that even heavy metal has failed to eradicate.  Trying to hold out until Dec 26 when all such insidious noise miraculously ceases. I hope.

2.       I actually finished my Christmas shopping well before Christmas this year. Amazing how that reduces anxiety and keeps me from banging my head on the kitchen table.

3.       If it wasn’t for the Internet, I wouldn’t have accomplished Number 2 above. All hail the mighty power of mouse clicking and credit cards.

4.       It’s really hard to edit poetry with Christmas carol earworms. The temptation is to make everything rhyme in archaic words. I didn’t realize I knew so many antiquated terms until I tried to substitute terms.

5.       Why wasn’t  I smart enough to order everything pre-gift wrapped? Because I like the challenge of rolls of paper, sticky tape and unevenly cut lines? In other words, it’s not truly Christmas without some wrapping paper punishment? And yes, gift bags are the easy way out…


.

8 comments:

Carla said...

Happy Christmas, Constance

Constance Brewer said...

And a Merry Christmas to you, too, Carla. :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to my sister,her family and "SO"!

Merry Christmas to Anubis.

Merry Christmas to the.....umm...cough cough hack....ahem......C C Cor Cor Corgis.

Merry Christmas to all supporters, readers and friends of this blog,for without you Constance would be talking to herself.

We now return you to the regular poetry, craft and Corgi programming.

NonnyM said...

Merry Christmoose from NonnyM! Less than 29 hours until the earworms abate! Enjoy...

Constance Brewer said...

Anon,

The Corgis extend Christmas greetings and a happy New Year. At least that was what the barking sounded like...

Merry Christmas to the Back East contingent. I miss you all.

Constance Brewer said...

NonnyMoose - I'm counting the minutes!

Gabriele Campbell said...

Merry belated Christmas to you, the Anoymous Brother, and the Corgies. :)

Constance Brewer said...

Gabriele - Thanks!