15 February 2013

Fragment Friday

Winter afternoon with cows
1.  We're in a dreary cycle of snow-melt-freeze-more snow. It doesn't amount to enough for a good snowman, however. Muckman?

2.  So what are your thoughts on President's Day? Real holiday? If so... why? (As a government worker, I'll take what I can get.)

3.  I'd like to incorporate more vegetables into my life. Leaning toward roasted veggies. Do you have a favorite vegetable and way to prepare it?

4.  The Corgis are eagerly waiting for the day they get to play fetch outside again when I come home from work. It's about light enough, but see number 1 above.

5.  February is my least poetically inspired month. Editing seems to work, though. Thank doG for that.


6 comments:

Kathleen Cassen Mickelson said...

Love that photo! President's Day is not a real holiday to me; we have the Fourth of July to celebrate all things American, including our presidents. I am not, however, opposed to having the day off for most people. :-)
Roasted vegetables are wonderful. I love parsnips. I also often make a medley of steamed vegetables (carrots, parsnips, turnips, potatoes, Brussels sprouts) tossed in a horseradish-butter-dill sauce.
I noticed today that the sun comes through our patio doors and hits me in the face if I sit at our kitchen counter around 5-ish. I actually basked in it today. Nothing like shifting light as winter wanes.

Constance Brewer said...

Kathleen - I forgot all about parsnips! Love them roasted. I saw a recipe for roasted red cabbage that I'm going to try.
Winter can't wane soon enough for me. Although getting out of work and having daylight is a nice treat. But snow tomorrow.

Lisa Goyne said...

Corgis are little- is there enough white stuff for a snow corgi?

Constance Brewer said...

I'm not sure the snow is deep enough - even Corgis might tower over it!

Carla said...

Butternut squash roasts well, cut into chunks like parsnips and then tossed in vegetable oil and a little salt and roasted in a hot oven for half an hour.

Constance Brewer said...

Never thought of butternut squash. I'll add it to my list!