|Hayfields under the Big Horn Mountains.|
1. The alpaca roving I bought in NY looked lonely, so on a trip to Sheridan I bought some Wyoming alpaca roving to keep it company. It's several shades lighter, so I am going to spin both and ply them together for a nifty barber pole effect. It will be a NY-WY connection yarn, just like me.
2. Where has all the sunshine gone? It's getting dark in the evening far too early for my liking. I try not to think that pretty soon I'll be driving home from work in the dark. How do you cope with the shortening days?
3. Not many photo ops for the Corgis of late. Which is okay, because Max is shedding out and he has weird patches - one is shaped like Iowa on his left side, and another shaped like the Virgin Islands on his right side.
4. Waiting for the baseball regular season to be over, since my team crashed and burned early, I'll have to pick another team to cheer on through the playoffs. I know fall is for football, but I do like the World Series. It just needs to be a few weeks earlier in the year so people aren't wearing parkas in the stands.
5. I noticed Halloween is already being shoved down our throats, with dire warnings about Christmas right on its heels. No wonder the fall feels rushed. I always think I will get to Christmas present making/acquiring early, but it never happens...