|I Fought The Law - And The Law Won (AKA Naughty Dog is Naughty)|
1. Yes, it's winter in Wyoming, where it drops to -30 at night and a high of a balmy -7 during the day. Luckily I have lots of hand knits in alpaca and cashmere to keep me warm. Maybe I'll invest in some qiviut (musk ox). It's supposed to be eight times warmer than sheep's wool, and softer than cashmere. Very pricey, too. $32 an ounce. Back to dog fur.
2. I do have booties for the dogs to wear, but last time I put them on the Corgis, I got The Look. "Mom, you're killing us here. We're rough and tough dogs. We don't DO clothes." Then it was walk a step, lift and shake a paw, repeat for all four paws. Piteous look.
3. How's your Christmas shopping going? I've whittled down the list, but still have several people on my "Oh my god, what do I get for him/her?" list. Everyone may end up with chocolate and/or whiskey. Just sayin'....
4. I really want to get some more submissions out before the end of the year. I got several back (rejections, alas) and figured I need to spread the stories and poems around more. Matching story to magazine has been a bit harder this year. My historical fantasy story is an odd duck and can't find a home. Suddenly no one likes the year 480 BC?
5. It'll be the Chinese New Year soon. Debating entering the New Year card exchange. It's the Year of the Horse. I like horses. But I'd have to print 50 cards by hand. What do you think, prancing pony for the New Year or just wait for another print exchange? With a bigger paper than 4x6?