29 November 2013

Fragment Friday - After Turkey Edition

Wild Turkeys strutting their stuff.


1.  Well I crossed the finish line on NaNoWriMo. I think I'm at 53,000 words or so not counting today and tomorrow. It helps when your characters have lengthy conversations about Battling Evil, and go off on wild dragon chases. 

2.  Did fine on Poem A Day also. There were some prompts that left me uninspired, so I ignored the prompt and wrote something else. The big thing was getting an idea down, then going back later to shape it or fold it into a specific form. I even did one Spenserian sonnet. That took some brain stretching.

3.  We are not awash in leftover turkey. I made Poor Starving College Student take a bunch home. He even got a whole pumpkin pie. And yes, the Corgis got plenty of turkey too. They don't beg, they just wait until I give in to those smiling faces and big eyes. 

4.  I studiously avoided Black Friday sales and am doing all my shopping on line for Christmas. I can handle the crowds (I think) but the cloying scent of overly cinnamon-y pine cones makes me flee. 

5.  Max is getting a new honking hedgehog toy for Christmas. Merlin's not much on toys, so he may get something peanut butter flavored. They do stick their heads in all shopping bags that come into the house. Just in case something's for them you see. ("Steak? For us? Aw, you shouldn't have...")

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Honking hedgehogs! That's the best dog toy I've heard of in a while. Congrats on NaNoWriMo and PAD challenge completion. To do both at once is both insane and inspiring. :-) We have leftovers. On purpose. I love turkey sandwiches.

Anonymous said...

How did you get Max and Merlin into those turkey costumes?

My only Black Friday stop was at a local "microdairy"
(as opposed to microbrewery) where I purchased delicious milk.

Visit Creamery

Anonymous said...

Try this link

Visit Creamery

Anonymous said...

Ahh...that's better...I don't do this much!

Constance Brewer said...

Kathleen - My Nano book is a nice mess of chicken fried ideas right now... Poem A Day fared better. Got some good poems from it.
Gasp! You mean your dog doesn't know the joy of a honking hedgie? Then again, people think we're weird when we go up and down the dog toy aisle squeezing the toys for one that sounds just right...

Constance Brewer said...

Anon, followed the link. Not to far from NonnyMoose's house? I would kill for decent milk. Nothing here, alas.
You got it backwards. The turkey is IN Max and Merlin. They love their poultry...

Anonymous said...

That farm is only about a mile or less crow wise but about 3 miles by road.
They said yogurt will be made soon.