|Wild Turkeys strutting their stuff.|
1. Well I crossed the finish line on NaNoWriMo. I think I'm at 53,000 words or so not counting today and tomorrow. It helps when your characters have lengthy conversations about Battling Evil, and go off on wild dragon chases.
2. Did fine on Poem A Day also. There were some prompts that left me uninspired, so I ignored the prompt and wrote something else. The big thing was getting an idea down, then going back later to shape it or fold it into a specific form. I even did one Spenserian sonnet. That took some brain stretching.
3. We are not awash in leftover turkey. I made Poor Starving College Student take a bunch home. He even got a whole pumpkin pie. And yes, the Corgis got plenty of turkey too. They don't beg, they just wait until I give in to those smiling faces and big eyes.
4. I studiously avoided Black Friday sales and am doing all my shopping on line for Christmas. I can handle the crowds (I think) but the cloying scent of overly cinnamon-y pine cones makes me flee.
5. Max is getting a new honking hedgehog toy for Christmas. Merlin's not much on toys, so he may get something peanut butter flavored. They do stick their heads in all shopping bags that come into the house. Just in case something's for them you see. ("Steak? For us? Aw, you shouldn't have...")