22 November 2013

Fragment Friday Pre-Thanksgiving Edition

The end product - thrummed mittens

1.  The mittens are finished. I had some green Cormo roving  lying around so it became the thrums in the mittens. I probably should have put twice as many thrums in as I did. Ah well. Next pair. On to Corgi fur items!
2.  Spent a couple of days in Suicide Intervention training. Very intense stuff. Most of the time. Let's just say when stuck in roleplaying my inner class clown sometimes comes out.
3.  New curtains in the living room, new lights - bright enough to get a tan from - in the kitchen, could painting be far behind? Probably. I wouldn't want to open the door to the house and scare myself, like I did when I turned on the kitchen lights for the first time after the electrician left.
4. . Duck or turkey, turkey or duck? Gotta make the decision quick for Thanksgiving. So what are you having for Thanksgiving dinner? Do you go traditional or far out?
5.  I got the grandkids an educational toy for Christmas. A Leappad. Now maybe they won't abuse my poor Kindle when they come over and rediscover Grandma has no TV. Of course I'm getting them other things, and I'm not really seeing Bubble Guppies as educational, but hey, what are you gonna do? The Dora the Explorer songs made me crazy in just one afternoon.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma has no TV??? That's heinous!
How do you expect to fill the grandkid's mind with mindless drivel?

How do YOU survive without "Survivor"?

Unknown said...

Nice mitts! No t.v., huh? How do you get your fix of reruns and tacky news items? :-)
Bought the turkey today. A 20-pound beauty that will provide a few required leftovers.

Constance Brewer said...

Correction, Grandma has TV in the bedroom. Rugrats are not allowed in there. But they think with no TV in the living room, there is no TV. They manage nicely with computer Amazon TV and Kindle. Dora and Bubble Guppies and Angry Birds.

I survive quite nicely on a diet of cooking shows, old movies and football.

Constance Brewer said...

Kathleen - see above post. I swore off reading and watching the news. It was too annoying.
We bought enough turkey to give the leftovers to our starving college student. Speaking of which, how's yours?

Constance Brewer said...

Correction, Grandma has TV in the bedroom. Rugrats are not allowed in there. But they think with no TV in the living room, there is no TV. They manage nicely with computer Amazon TV and Kindle. Dora and Bubble Guppies and Angry Birds.

I survive quite nicely on a diet of cooking shows, old movies and football.

Lisa Goyne said...

Ahh, somebody's hands will be very happy this winter. Nice mittens! We're doing turkey this year. Sometimes I think going non-trad would be fun, but leftover sushi casseroles or sushi sandwiches just don't warm the belly, if you know what I mean. So, roasted turkey it is, and to tell you the truth, I can't wait! Have a great Thanksgiving. Hope it isn't too cold your way.

Constance Brewer said...

Split Pea Traveler - Happy Turkey Day to you too. Hope you enjoy. We are doing the traditional spread for Thanksgiving. My poor starving college student is the excuse.