|Beef. It's what was for dinner.|
1. Still poeming for Poem A Day. Not all the prompts inspire anything, so I'm just trying to jump off an idea- any idea - and get something written down. I'm finding judicious editing cures most problems. There is one I wrote that has a "What was I thinking?" vibe to it. It will be replaced.
2. 26,000 words in NaNoWriMo. I'm mostly where I should be, maybe a couple thousand words behind. I'm writing lots of dialogue- arguments and conversations that may or may not be relevant to the book, but my characters want to express themselves. Don't we all...
3. I've been stuck in a loop listening to the Irish Rovers on my drive back and forth to work. Then I have the songs stuck in my head while I'm at work. Not a bad thing, just relentless Irish tunes. Do you run into any music like that?
4. I was thinking of buying a rigid heddle loom to do weaving on. I already have a no-name rigid heddle loom I picked up on EBay a few years ago. "But it's too small" "The dent's the wrong size" "I don't know where to get parts for it". Can you think of other excuses why I need another fiber related toy?
5. Feeling the urge to do my yearly (or so) reread of Lord of the Rings. Are there books you reread periodically? Anything I should be reading right now?