|Return of the Scarf. I made one for me this time, with leftover yarn from the other two.|
1. Bracing for another round of PolarSnowpocolypseAgeddon. If I wanted to spend my days at -20, I'd live a lot further north. On the other hand, it is conducive to knitting and weaving with wool.
2. Had a little mix up with the paint store. My light gold colored paint turned out to be a bright yellow. But we kept painting - "Oh, it'll darken when it dries". Nope. Easter Peep yellow. We took it back, and sure enough, it was an error. Now we get to repaint in a nice light gold that compliments our Aztec Gold living room - instead of clashing horribly.
3. My Anonymous brother and his Nonny Moose were kind enough to send me my grandmother's pasta maker. Now I'm all excited to make homemade pasta. Tradition and good eats all in one! What are some of your family food traditions?
4. I've been writing snippets for the Next Fantasy Novel. Apparently my hero has a rather large flaw he didn't inform me about until now. So now I need to go back to my beginning chapters and plant some seeds. This was on top of another major character's revelation about who he really loves. I think it's time to rework my outline. Stupid characters, running their own lives....
5. Have you been getting garden catalogs in the mail? They look so tempting, all that nice produce. I'm debating putting a raised bed box in my backyard. Two benefits - real vegetables, and less lawn to mow. Anyone have any insights into raised beds?
|Close up of the Scarf ready to face Snowmageddon '14.|