15 August 2014

Fragment Friday - Testing, Testing

Test weave on the loom. It might be a bag, or Kindle cover when I felt it down.

1.  Oh, rapture! The first tomato from the garden. We coddled it, we watered it, we named it Bob. And now we cut it into slices, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and devour it. Then return to hovering over the garden for the next ripe morsel. 

2.  Do you listen to podcasts? Books on CD? Audible? I've been listening to 3 podcasts for a while now - Escape Pod, Podcastle and Clarkesworld Magazine. Just wondering if there is more out there I should be adding to the lineup. Sometimes my ears just want to do the reading. 

3.  I'm writing in fits and starts over several genres. I think the muse got hold of some really good double espresso. That's the only thing to explain the ping pong balls full or ideas being launched at my head on a regular basis.

4.  Bruno the granddog is big enough now to just step over the Corgis. Of course they don't take kindly to that. A few bites to the belly has him more cautious about where he puts his honkin' big feet. 

5.  I don't post recipes to the blog because I realized I don't really measure my ingredients all that carefully. Except for bread. I've learned to be careful measuring there. Other recipes are a lot more forgiving. Bread is not, at least at altitude. 

Lunch-time Ankle Socks, complete.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My sympathies to Bob, but I would have sliced him up, too. Our tomatoes just started coming in and I am once again reminded what tomatoes should actually taste like!
No podcasts for me, generally. Once in a great while, I'll listen to a TED talk.
Love the socks!

Constance Brewer said...

Nothing like garden tomatoes. Even the grandkids are eager for tomatoes.
Started on another pair of socks. No time to rest, winter's coming!

kc heath said...

Oh, Connie, they're beautiful!! :)

Constance Brewer said...

KC - Thanks!