|Max & Merlin - Fall smilers after a romp through the leaves.|
1. After having got my fill of changing leaves back east, I'm content to wait for my western leaves to drop off the trees and winter to commence. Not looking forward to it, mind you. More like resigned. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the pretty golds of a Wyoming autumn.
2. I've decided to pass on NaNo anything this year. No novel writing, no poem a day, no sweater in a month. I'm doing pretty well creating at my own pace, and don't want to upset the mental apple cart. It's tipsy enough as it is. How about you? Planning any writing goals, creating goals, or joining me in tipsyness?
3. Fall weather and early sunsets don't bother the Corgis. They hang out on the back deck after the sun has gone down and return barks with the neighbor dogs. Cold doesn't faze the little woolly mammoths. They're ready for winter. I'm ready to spin their spring shedding into yarn.
4. I'm always surprised to look up and notice it's dark outside. In the back of my mind I still think it should be 8:00 before it gets dark. A whopping case of seasonal denial in the works. What do you like about the onset of fall? I like like looking out the window and seeing the little pools of golden light that spill from everyone's windows up and down the street.
5. What's on the loom? Starting a scarf for Son 2 in manly shades of black and gray. Silk and Merino wool. Maybe some alpaca for a warm, fuzzy look. What's on the needles? Starting a hat for Son 1 - a pirate beanie in black with white skulls around the brim. What's on the drawing board? Starting to draw in graphic lines. Using pen and marker to overcome my perfectionism. Little ATC (Artist Trading Card) size drawings mostly. 2.5 x 3.5. A few 5 X 7 drawings. My love of cartooning is still present. How about you? What are you up to?