|Neighbors light the street so I don't have to - and set to music no less. I've got your Holly Jolly right here...|
1. How goes your holiday readying? Holiday cards sent? Decorations up? Tree? Cookies making? If not, you can join me in the lounge of the "I'll Get To That" Club...
2. The Granddog, AKA The Wild Animal will be joining us for the Holidays. Have I mentioned he can rest his chin on the kitchen table, and sweep bookshelves with his tail? He is good-natured, luckily. The Corgis school him in his proper place in the pack. At the bottom. Even though he can step over them with ease. Placing all foodstuffs up very high or away for his visit. Do you have any strange guests coming to visit?
3. The Muse picks the busiest time of year to hang about. Write a poem on this, this, and this. Here's some more info for Fantasy Novel Two. You know, you haven't written a short story in a while... Argh. It's like having two playful kittens and a table full of china cups living in your head. And the Muse has control of the laser pointer.
4. I'm a bit irked my hobbies make me do math. I'm used to winging it on things. Unfortunately, weaving and knitting are demanding cusses, and I'm forced to calculate if I want a project to come out right. Last time I didn't calculate things out properly, I ended up with a woven scarf that was two feet too short. Kid sized. I'm calling it an ascot and moving on. And calculating, damn it.
5. What I've been reading - The Martian, by Andy Weir. A science fiction novel about an astronaut who is accidentally stranded on Mars, alone, after his crew lifts off without him. The book follows his attempts to improvise what he needs to survive, and contact NASA to find out if they can rescue him. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Packed with science and humor. Highly recommended.
|Guest Dog, AKA Bruno. Big dog is big. Can leap Corgis by lifting a foot. But Max and Merlin still boss him around.|