|Devils Tower, under gray skies.|
1. And now we see the return of the snow, drifting ever downward from a leaden sky. (Or pelting off your eyelids. Or gathering in thug packs. We got it all.) Meanwhile, a chickadee hangs upside down on a branch at eye level and scolds me for my slow filling of the bird feeders.
2. The dogs are indifferent to the snow, Max lounges on the back porch step (third one down) and lets snow cover him as he surveys his domain. Merlin patrols the yard and stops to take a roll in the white. Of course, they are double coated and fuzzy, so it doesn't bother them much.
3. I have a nifty app on my Android phone - Google Sky Map. Just open it up, orient yourself north, south, east or west, and the app tells you what stars or planets you should be seeing in that part of the night sky. I also have another fun app, ISS Tracker. It tells you when the International Space Station will be passing over your location. Good stuff.
4. So all you Apple people, convince me I need an iPad, even though I already have a desktop, an old laptop, a Kindle, and a phone (Android). "Because - tech!" is an argument I'm resisting. And failing.
5. Slow cooker or pressure cooker? Which makes the better food? And why haven't they invented people chow yet? The dogs get a big bag that lasts two months, but I have to shop every week? And be creative about it. Where is the People Kibbles and Bits? (Or was that the MREs I ate in the Army?)