|Winter visitor to the bird feeder, patiently waiting his turn.|
1. And.......here we are again, basking in the negative numbers. I stepped out the front door this morning to feed the birds and the wind sucked the breath right out of my chest, froze my fingers and ears in a jiffy. Trying to find the bright side and all I can come up with, is at least it's not as bad as New York.
2. How do you handle the unrelenting cold? I like to bake bread, not only does the oven warm the upstairs, eventually I get to bite into a hot, crusty slice slathered with butter. (Yes I'm a butter person. Death to margarine!) Going to attempt French bread this weekend, even have the baguette pans.
3. In a fit of optimism I bought seeds for my garden. Standing before the display in the farm supply store I got an urge to plant and dig in the garden. Since the ground is still rock-like, I settled for packs of beans and squash, lettuce, cucumbers and herbs. Hurry, Spring!
4. What fuels your creativity? I find non-fiction books are a great jumping off place for my poetry and fiction. Something about all the facts and details that have a story hidden deep inside, waiting to burst out. Sort of like Alien, but with 80% less squick factor.
5. My friend is trying to convince me to move to Arizona. She lists advantages like No Snow, and No Snow. But there is heat of the very hot variety. and the politics make me uncomfortable. The two advantages I see - Baseball! and I could have a fig tree...