|Baaaa, humbug to snow flurries in May|
1. It's mid May in Wyoming, and we had snow this morning. Of course I've seen snow in July here, so not a big deal. And it melted when it hit the ground. How's the weather where you are? Getting your garden planted yet?
2. I managed to get through the whole day without it dawning on me it was Friday the 13th. Never registered, and nothing bad happened. Are you superstitious? Any rituals you must perform, or things you avoid out of habit?
3. What are you writing of late? I have competing writings going on in my head, poetry, fantasy novel, idea for another novel. It's like all the characters are at a bar, each one trying to shout out their points. Or that scene on Lord of the Rings at the Council meeting where everyone is arguing about the ring. I'd be the Hobbit in the corner with a headache. "I'll take the damn ring anywhere you please, just SHUT UP."
4. On submitting to literary magazines - "I've been writing since I was big enough to hold a pencil" does not carry the credentialing weight you think it does. Just sayin'.
5. Did you know there are apps out there that will read your documents to you? A bit robotic, but boy, do mistakes stand out. Sometimes hearing the piece out loud makes all the difference. Even reading my work out loud to myself will not catch things. But Mrs. Robo-lady does. And I detect no smirking in her voice when she reads a mistake to me. Satisfaction--maybe.