13 April 2007

Thinking Blogger Awards


Gabriele tagged me for a Thinking Blogger Award, for which I say mille grazie! Hopefully I can continue to wax philosophical on poetry, writing and life, and that people will continue to find it interesting/scary.

Here are the rules if you choose to participate:

1. If you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to The Thinking Blog so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Display your Thinking Blogger Award with a link to the post that you wrote.

I don't have all the blogs I frequent on my sidebar, I'll have to remedy that for the ones I tag, because they truly are thought provoking. I've tried to pick ones that haven't been tagged yet, that I read on a regular basis.

1. Whatever, John Scalzi. An eclectic mix of opinions on writing, politics, childrearing and life on earth, served up with a hefty side of sarcasm. Author Scalzi pulls no punches, he gives his opinion and stands by it. He also does some interesting Photoshop experiments on innocent pictures.

2. Notes From The Geek Show, Hal Duncan. Author of Vellum and a philosophical rambler after my own heart. Sometimes posts long dissertations on things like "propositions regarding necessary existence". C'mon, you know you always wanted to argue the details of Pascal's Wager in a public forum!

3. Woodblock Dreams, Annie Bissett. A Moku Hanga printmaker who posts her artistic process, warts and all, for the rest of us to see. Annie produces some wonderful prints and isn't afraid to tackle political subjects in her art work.

4. WWdN: In Exile, Wil Wheaton's Blog. A blog for your inner geek, Wil discusses his writing, technology, gaming, and the difficulty of shaking Star Trek. Another actor/writer/geekboy who's not afraid to poke fun at himself.

5. Poetry Thursday, various authors. Daily poetry prompts, news, and all around interesting articles. The goal of Poetry Thursday is to read, enjoy, and share poetry. I can do that. :)

1 comment:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Interesting choices, and except for Whatever, new to me.