1. I know I’m gearing up for writing poetry again when I start reading poets and poetry analysis instead of a novel.
2. Rereading the Harry Potter novels and enjoying them just as much this time around as the first time.
3. We had a bird in the house – a live bird. A smart bird that hid behind a bookshelf until we could rescue him. I have a sneaking suspicion the cat invited him in. The cat’s not talking.
4. Somewhere between extreme heat outside and the very cold inside is a happy medium. It must be very small because I haven’t been able to find it yet.
5. Now and then I find a word so stupend-fabulo-acular I beg it to be put in a poem. What’s interesting is that the word usually resists, kicking and biting the other words. Sometimes the chaos makes magic, but usually not.