Here are five writing fragments I have in my files for you to play with. What ideas do they trigger?
1. Fox-pelt hair cascaded in waves from the peak of a high forehead.
2. Skin as smooth and heavy as a shot glass.
3. The hose, in looped rattlesnake coils, waited on the grass.
4. He wasn’t the first to fry an egg on the summer sidewalk, nor would he be the last, but Bob doubted anyone else’s pavement eggs were as tasty as his.
5. Merle was obsessed with bees, and in time convinced himself he was immune to their venom.