1. The only drawback to the lilacs next to the gate are the bumblebees the size of your thumb buzzing around. I don't know which is worse, hearing them or catching a glimpse of them out of the corner of your eye.
2. The dogs pick now to shed. Little tufts of fur stick up in the oddest places.
3. On the other hand, the smell of lilacs as you come in the gate is wonderful. Luckily I'm not allergic to them.
4. I have a grand total of two tomato plants planted. Now if the dogs don't knock them over we'll be fine.
5. Funny how writing a brand new story makes writing exciting again.