01 February 2013
1. As I was petting one of the Corgis last night I tried to imagine life without them and couldn't. Which is scary, because dogs don't live as long as I think they should. Meanwhile, my mother's parrot outlived her and is going on 38 years - that we know of.
2. What's your favorite color and why? Have your color tastes changed over the years? I know I don't wear the all black of my college artist/philosophy major days anymore...
3. I like when there's snow on the ground, but the roads are clear. The plows in my city have been doing a decent job clearing the roads - except in my cul-de-sac which is at the bottom of the priority list. After a good storm you have to be careful not to high center the car. But it makes turning the corner cheap fun - controlled skid!
4. We've already had an Easter candy sighting here last week. What's next, 4th of July flags?
5. I'm knitting myself a new hat. Will it be finished before winter is over? It's in really thick yarn, so I have a shot despite the ADD knitting problem and the guilt over the half completed sock languishing on the needles. Stay tuned.