29 March 2013

Fragment Friday

The Anti-Anubis, stealth cat Shadow

1.  You know you watch too many Food Network cooking shows when you hear chef Ann Burrell counting down in your head (yelling) as you try to finish making your dinner. "5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 Time's up!"

2.  I wish Google would just leave things alone. I don't want a new way to do my email. I was perfectly happy with things the way they were. Change for change's sake makes me crazy. 
 
3.  The redwing blackbirds have returned! I heard the squeaky screen door song the other day when I was outside, and saw their black forms littering the bare trees. I always feel better when the redwings return to Wyoming. Spring can't be far away.
 
4.  Came home from work yesterday to find Anubis D'Cat on top of the garage roof, staring down at me. By the time I got into the house, he was inside, attempting to look innocent. Since he bolted when he saw me pull in the drive, I think he knows I don't approve of his antics. Mainly because he's not the most graceful cat...
 
5.  So what do you have planned for Easter? Any big meals, egg hunts, and/or visiting?


6 comments:

Kathleen Cassen Mickelson said...

I had to show Mick the photo of Shadow! That cat's expression....heh!
Redwing blackbirds are one of the first birds whose calls I learned as a kid because my mom loved them too. Easter Sunday will find us with friends who also skip church.

Anonymous said...

Is Shadow constipated?

Constance Brewer said...

Kathleen - I think it's her Himalayan heritage with the squishy face that makes her expression disgruntled...
For Easter I took the dogs for a ride in the car. :)

Constance Brewer said...

Anon - could be. Or just general cat pissyness.

Carla said...

I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award

Constance Brewer said...

Carla - thanks!