|Skein of plied Coopworth yarn, ready to dye - or knit.|
1. I did my first successful plying of two yarns into one. I wasn't displeased with the result. When I get a few more skeins I will think about dyeing them. What would be your favorite mitten color? Bright blue? Red? A balmy green?
2. I'm about ready for fall any time now. Not found of unrelenting heat during the days. Of course when it cools off I'll complain then, too. So it goes.
3. I got a new poetry book and I'm excited by the possibilities. What books inspire you?
4. Still mining for diptych ideas for a woodblock print. I've sharpened my tools, and flipped through my sketchbook. Wavering between a traditional 'Annunciation' and plow horses at the moment.
5. I was reading a study that said handwriting out information may encode it in our brain better than just typing it into the computer. Do you find this to be true? I hand write out poems 50 percent of the time, hardly ever for short stories. Would they be better all handwritten out first and typed in later? Might be experiment time.