23 August 2013

Fragment Friday

A Day At The Park

1.  Bought the Corgis a new orthopedic dog bed. We have dubbed it 'The Throne". No sign of anybody actually using it yet...

2.  Eagerly anticipating a NY vacation. Not the flying part, I dislike the flying - crammed in a small space with 350 people with varying degrees of hygiene - but I do like getting to my destination and the change of perspective it brings. Besides a cross-country plane trip, how do you change your perspective?

3.  I'm getting my digital SLR ready for the NY trip. There are pictures on my cards I don't remember taking - that aren't of yarn or Corgis. Maybe I have house elves. They seem the logical choice to snap a pic of the floor and side of a dog crate.

4.  Eldest child is headed back to college. He spent $1000 on his books for this semester's classes. He needed 10 books for one class. I think things are a bit out of control in the academic world. 

5.  Can't wait until it cools off and I can get back to baking. I'm finding all kinds of good recipes for breads and such. I did make a Blueberry, Lemon, Ricotta bread last week. I am also interested in perfecting my sourdough recipe. My starter is dormant, so I either resurrect it, or begin again. Sourdough rye bread is on the to-do list for the fall.  


2 comments:

Kathleen Cassen Mickelson said...

Mmm...baking.....Have a fabulous trip back to NY!

Constance Brewer said...

Thanks! Having a good time in NY. Eating other people's baked goods. :)