18 October 2013

Fragment Friday

"Sheep Mug Shots." Shina plywood and black waterbased ink on 8x12 Masa paper. Edition of 35. For the Baren printmaking Exchange # 58


1.  I demand the fall season I was gypped out of.... The leaves are still on the trees and there's snow on the ground. Something here just isn't right.

2.  Has anyone seen "Gravity" yet? Debating going to see it in 3D here. Hope it doesn't make me nauseous, all that zooming through space. Looking forward to rewatching Pacific Rim on DVD. Yeah, so I like Kaiju monster movies. I blame my brother Anon taking me to see Godzilla as a kid.
 
3. Still spinning fleece into yarn, but also on to dyeing yarn and knitting mittens. The dye is Kool Aid. Never thought I'd be buying lots of packets of Kool Aid after my kids were grown... These will be thrummed mittens - they have little bits of roving knitted in for warm fluffy strands on the inside of the mittens. 

4.  I need to decide whether I'm doing the November Poem A Day this year. Since I'm already writing almost a poem a day it wouldn't be too hard. I really should be doing NANOWRIMO, but that's another story.

5.  I decided I liked carving prints in shina plywood. Not quite as forgiving as linoleum, but more so than cherry. It took the ink nicely and wasn't hard to use with a baren. I think I shall test drive another print.More sheep? We'll see. 




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took you to see "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" too.

Must be why you ended up out west.

Constance Brewer said...

And here I was blaming it on John Wayne movies on tv...

Unknown said...

I love the sheep prints! The sheep on the left particularly struck me.
I'm not doing the poem-a-day this year. Sticking with prose for a while in my own work, although I do have four poems ready to go out the door.

Constance Brewer said...

I'm not sticking to the poem a day thing, just seeing if I can get some more written in November. I need to submit more. But that's a job in itself...

Carla said...

The sheep look very striking, especially the one on the left.

Constance Brewer said...

I like printing sheep, but carving wool is no fun. It took a while.