|Lookee! New yarn. Whatever will it be when it grows up?|
1. Since I've been in a poetry writing lull (in editing mode instead) I decided to write some traditional form poetry. Sonnets, a cento, some ekphrastic poems and the like. Somehow, having to play within the rules makes writing the poem an interesting challenge. Then again, rules were made to be broken...
2. I would really like to write a renga, but I need some collaborators. Anyone game?
3. After some wonderful spring-like weather we're headed back to snow and ice. I'm still thinking about planting garden boxes. And a few more trees. What are your plans for spring?
4. In an attempt to edge into the future, I got a new all electronic washing machine. I'm tempted to name it Hal, but I fear the response I might get - benign like this: I am completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly. Or malevolent like this: Me - "Wash dog blankets." Hal - "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that." Me - "Who's Dave??" *punches buttons frantically*
* Bonus round, name that movie.
**Maybe I should name the dryer Dave. Hmmm...
5. Attempting to get excited about upcoming baseball season. Fail miserably after remembering I root (rooted?) for the Rockies. Will probably cave and watch some games anyhow, because, you know, baseball. What will you be rooting for you didn't intend to this year?